Friday, August 14, 2015

Counting down the days . . . .

Only one more week to go and then I am - I don't know, what will I be?  No more getting up around 4:30 or 5 a.m., wearing those heavy steel-toed shoes, working out in the very hot garden center where I spray myself with a cool mist from the hose; where I'll miss seeing some of my co-workers on a daily basis (that mostly).  But, I must keep up my physical worthiness  so am going to try and head up there and do an early morning walk around the store 3 or 4 times a week (Try)

Now I'll be able to sit out on the patio, with a cup of coffee, and watch the morning sun rise - that is until it gets too cold in the mornings, then I'll sit at the dining room table inside where it will be warmer. I can get out in the garden areas in the early mornings before it starts warming up and then getting the garden and potted plants ready for winter.  And my dear Eggie trailer will get some much needed attention too.

I meet with the surgeon, who will be doing the lumpectomy on me, on the 26th of this month.  I am ready to get this process going and over with. My brother will be visiting in early October and I want to be able to do some things with him; daughter Juno will be coming down from Kansas for the Thanksgiving holiday in late November and we will plan on doing some things together too.

That is an update for now.

3 comments:

  1. Imagine that you are having mixed feelings about leaving the job. I'll drink a toast to you tomorrow morning as I sip on my coffee and contemplate the day.

    Wishing you a successful experience on the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your early morning coffee on the patio. I need to start doing that before it starts getting to cold here. That's almost to funny to even thing about when it's 108 here.

    Hoping your procedure goes well for you and you will be well healed to enjoy your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair you two, wait until next Sat (the 22nd), then I will join you on the patio drinking early morning coffee. Thank you for the well wishes, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete