Sunday, July 12, 2015

Earth to Emily - Are You Home Yet?

Yup - today.  Hate it when pain meds send you off into space and you don't really know it.

Dentist had prescribed a very mild naproxen for my tooth surgery pain and I must have decided to take that ride into space even then; but I am back now, thank heavens.  I quit taking them Fri night and today woke up with a "hangover" and panicked when I didn't know what day it was.  So through a process of deduction, I figured out it was Sunday and then I could get up.  It took awhile - yes, I could have gone to the calendar or my laptop but noooo I had to figure it out before getting out of bed.
Chin is almost back to normal.

I must have remembered to fill the hummingbird feeders as they look somewhat full; I watered the plants last night - a day allowed under our city water rationing program (though don't think they enforce it that strongly) and must have done a little house cleaning as the place doesn't look terribly messed up.  I did go to the grocery store to get Jim some milk and something to eat for supper last night (that could have been dangerous).

I played some games on Jim's computer just a bit ago and got some of the highest scores I have received in a long time, so sharpness is back (or maybe better).

I get the 6 stitches out of my gums on Wed (3 per side) by the dentist and go back to work on Thursday.  Perhaps I will hear from the breast cancer center sometime this week about my first meeting with the oncologist. 

My brother sent me a beautiful card and it says: "Sis, Even though cancer is a part of your life, it doesn't define you. You define yourself with your strength, your courage, your hope. . ."  That is what all my sisters before me have done, thanks Bro.

3 comments:

  1. MY Word!, I am keeping you in my spirit light and wishing you the best results. Yes be strong many of us have gone through some form of this nasty cancer. You will find many cheering you on as did your brother. I'll keep watching your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emily! What a shock! I feel embarrased for thinking I had it tough!

    Sending love, hope and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some pain relievers can really make us doze off, and I guess that's how usually those meds work because we can no longer feel pain when we're asleep. Haha! Anyway, I'm glad that you had a successful tooth surgery and that you're back to your work now. I hope that your meeting with your oncologist went well too. Take care, Emily!

    Dora Ingram @ CGDDS

    ReplyDelete