Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Yard Views and Such

Lynne, one of my readers and a Casita friend, wanted to see some photos of home.  Here are some of what I see every day - and of course these are before everything has started to bud out.

Front yard looking south.

Front yard again looking south towards Turtleback Mt.

My backyard looking northward.

Looking eastward from front yard on street side.
The arrow is pointing at a Desert Willow tree, which
is related to the catalpa tree. Hope it has flowers
this year.

Front yard towards front door/patio, looking northward.

The creeping forsythia in full bloom.

Looking southwest towards Eggie sitting across the street.

I just love what Geri did to the water heater door.

I saw the most unusual cloud formation the other day.  It was like a cloud "sunburst". The "sun" is seen just above the roof, then the "rays" radiating out from the "sun" and from the second ring.  I don't know enough about weather to know what is going on, but it was just utterly beautiful.

NOTE: I sent a Twitter pic below to Mark Ronchetti, Chief Meteorologist at KRQE in Albuquerque, NM and asked him what caused this formation and his response was high cirrus clouds made of ice crystals. I had just never seen them in a wheel pattern before with the streaks being the spokes.  Lived too long in Kansas I guess.




And the windows are getting tinted.  Just a couple more to go.


Well, back to work - finish windows, tin can luminaries and whatever else ye little brain comes up with - playtime!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Emily! Looking at your pictures while hubby drives us toward Fort Worth.....sure hate to leave the west!

    Thanks for showing your world! Hoping to include time in New Mexico on our winter visit next year.
    Glad that you have found such a neat place......it's inspiring us to make some changes. Trying to find a way to spend more time in the SW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if I can help you - am learning fast about this area. I have the rest of my life to explore.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking home place. Love the sky, as well as the water heater door. Nice to have ol' Kokopelli around tooting his horn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry, it's a neat place sitting in a pretty place where I spend more time outside then I did back in Kansas. Now, haven't been thru a summer yet. . . .

      Delete
  3. So interesting to see the different world of a desert climate. And I'm so glad Eggie is in sight. :)

    Those clouds really are fascinating. At first I thought it might have been the wind diffusing a contrail. But the spikes are too unusual for any explanation I can come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clouds are really interesting, I saw a smaller version this morning and to the east. Every morning I look out my living room window and say "Good Morning Eggie". He just sits there. I go visit him a couple times a week - will tomorrow morning to make sure he is water tight, especially if we even get a little of this rain. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures, Emily! Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went back to your last post what great ideas you come up with. Love the dish drain idea. The can luminaries are great too.
    Your pictures in this post are great soon you can have pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete