Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Eggie is Home (almost), and

WHAT A NICE looking new cardiologist I have!

WELL, THE "man of my heart" Eggie is close by - right across the street where I can see him.

I TRIED to get Eggie into my carport parking area, but my truck is too long to maneuver around in an alley with gas meters, telephone poles, fences and so on.  I tried a suggestion made by my neighbor across the alley - and it partially worked but I just kept getting too much crank between the trailer and truck.  I feel it still can be done,
I want him right where the yellow arrow is.  I'll get him there - eventually.
I just have to angle right and have enough room to maneuver around.  Have been considering a front end receiver too - maybe a dolly, a mechanical or electric one as I may not be able to push in a few years.  I'll get it worked out; but, meanwhile Eggie is where I can see him and work on him too.  He is dirty!

OH AND my new cardiologist.  Yup, yup, yup.  Think I am going to like him; though, problem may be getting accurate blood pressure readings!  I am currently 2 months behind in having information from the pacemaker downloaded.  I am a abit anxious to see what has happened as there has been a bit of a strain on the ole ticker, what with the move and such with stress and worry.  I'll be going back to Las Cruces next week for downloading that info.  I have a Medtronics PM and a rep is the one who has to do it, the cardio goes over the report to see what activity has gone on and how often ye ole PM has  had to kick in.  In February, will be getting the full gambit of a diagnostic testing done to see how the plumbing is doing.

OOPS AND TODAY I discovered I forgot to put some antifreeze on top of the commode's flapper thingy.  There is RV antifreeze in the black tank, but forgot to leave some in the bowl.  And the flapper thingy is frozen shut.  We have been fortunate to not have the miserable weather that has been plaguing the mid-section of the country and even the northern part of NM, but are having the below freezing temperatures.  Today was beautiful with clouds hanging around all the mountains around us and a hole in the clouds right over us with the sun shining through for most of the day. We have been seeing a lot of that type of weather since we moved here.  We are the hole in the donut!

HAVE STARTED putting up Christmas decorations outside and a few inside.  It is getting me in the festive mood.  No plans this year, hope son Jim will be able to join us.  This will be the first Christmas in more years than I want to count without daughter Juno with us.  It is going to be hard.

Welcome.

My little Christmas trees













My favorite Christmastime Navajo rug with
it's red and green colors.


MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS are going out to all my family, friends and readers, of all faiths, for a joyous season, and a safe one and that you have love from family and friends like I do.


8 comments:

  1. What a relief to have Eggie in sight! You'll eventually get him maneuvered into his spot. Until then, it's enough to know he isn't banished to some far-off storage space!

    Funny about the good-looking doctor! That will make doctor visits something to look forward to! :D

    How fortunate to be in that doughnut hole!

    Your decorations make it look like a very merry Christmas is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your new home all decorated and looking great! I am so glad you are happy there, I know Chuck and I were! Great neighbors, great views, but it's great being with family now too! Maybe Juno will pull a Christmas surprise and show up on your doorstep! Merry Christmas Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathize about the parking as we have been struggling with ours for years. Glad you said something about the flapper....need to run out and check ours.
    Love the southwest and all things native American!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those prickle pair cacti are yours trim them back or take them out. They can grow trunks thick as trees and then you will never be able to get Eggie in there. Or maybe they only look that close in the picture.

    Had my flapper seal itself last winter but a gentle nudge from in the bowl released it. I wonder why the guy who winterized it didn't put the antifreeze in the bowl. Oh well she's been sold now.

    Your place looks nice and cozy and you seem to be very happy there. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, think our really cold nightly weather is thinning out the cactus along the fence line as it seems like every morning I go outside, there are more pads that have fallen off. Will have quite a bunch to clean up this spring. They will get thinned out probably more as I don't want to have them close to the trailer door and run into them. There is jumping cholla in there and they are having a rough time with the cold weather too.

      Delete
  5. Emily, I meant to tell you that the jumping cholla cactus on the corner of the alley houses a family of curved bill thrashers! Not much to look at, but they have beautiful songs to sing... Al from Baybield Bunch photographs them often and also loves their unique song! The cactus by the drivewat are not prickley pear, no thorns. These are the cactus eaten by many New Mexicans and native Mexicans fried, baked or raw in a salad! I forget the name though, but again Al from Bayfield Bunch is planting them in his yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the nest in there, but am concerned as, I guess, the growth direction is toward the alley and I notice the garbage truck is brushing against the growth knocking off pieces. I've started triming the Morman Tea plant back. I'll have to look for recipes using the cactus or find a place to eat that serves them to see what it tastes like

      Delete