Sunday, October 20, 2013

Priorities - Right?

Got to have the morning coffee area organized and ready to go, right?
Course I have moved it 3 times already, hope this is the last for awhile.

Doesn't matter if the rest of the place looks, well. . . . . (kind of like we just moved in).


We have "gobs" of bubble wrap, which am going to donate to a couple of thrift stores.
The kids taking apart one of the futons, the Hajek's left, so daughter Juno could fill a void in her living room (I brought the sofa here with me).  She and her cats have found it verrrry comfortable.

Our first home cooked dinner together - all 4 of us - in my new home.  The Hajek's left us a bottle of champagne and 4 beautiful fluted champagne glasses, in the refrigerator, to celebrate.  Err, have gained some weight, I see by the picture, must be all that take-out, grab-what-I-can food I've eaten over the last 3 months.  
I have just signed the papers at the abstract company.  Chuck & Geri are almost ready to head out on their trek to Florida.  They left the next morning in their 5th wheel.  Chuck and Geri use to own little trailers, like mine as that is how I met Geri, when she was living in Eastpointe FL.  That is where they are headed now to hang their hats for awhile.

We have been fortunate and found a doctor right away - Dr Kyoung Lee, who is also new to TorC.  Jim and I really like him.  Dr Lee is setting me up with a cardiologist in Las Cruces, since my quarterly pacemaker report is now past due.  I am learning how the town is laid out and where the essential businesses are located.  Nice grocery store downtown, called Bullocks.  Gave Jim a windshield tour of the downtown area and the Rio Grande River - not much in it right now but flowing a little.

Eggie is in storage for awhile, parked between two BIG boys.  Think he'll hold his own with them. I will have a place for him here eventually; but, for right now I did not want "him" to distract me from getting the new home livable.

When was the last time you saw an avocado green commode?

Until next time.  (maybe most of the boxes will be gone at next posting)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting all cozy! Glad to see it happening for you! We are now in Longhorn RV Park in Crowell Texas, tomorrow we will be in Oklahoma! YaY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home!

    What a thoughtful gesture the champagne and glasses were.

    And I don't know where I have been, but I have never seen an avocado toilet before. Avocado refrigerators, stoves and washing machines. But never a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither Sharon - have seen the other appliances, but not a toilet. The 1970's avocado /gold carpet goes along with toilet. The other one is - well, normal.

      Delete
    2. ROFLOL!!!! Glad you do have one normal one! :D

      Remember coppertone appliances? They were the big new thing after avocado and harvest gold. I had those, too.

      And since I remember your kitchen wallpaper in your other house, too, we just be twin early boomers. :D

      Delete
    3. I forgot to mention that the shower stall and bathroom sink are also avocado color. I have a threefer in appliances. Oh wait a minute, my kitchen sink and other bathroom sink and tub is avocado. I am just rollin' in avocado. Oh boy, can't wait until avocado green comes back in force - I'll be ready. No, the cook stove isn't green - it's white. Yes, am either a very late what ever the generation before boomers is/was or an extremely early boomer.

      Delete
    4. The earlier generation was The Greatest Generation. :)

      Avocado coming back? No offense, but I hope not! :D

      Delete