Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Okay, must confess to all my activities lately:

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL:
My abode is for sale.
Oh by the way, that's the neighbor's dog Isabelle on the porch.
Eggie, housemate Jim and I will be moving to New Mexico - Truth or Consequences in fact.  I will be buying the home of two dear friends Geri and Chuck.  They plan on full-timing in their 5th-wheel trailer and will be based out of Florida.

Besides doing all that kitchen work and back bedroom work, I have been packing boxes, and boxes, and boxes of stuff.  Would have been a whole lot more boxes if daughter Juno and I hadn't participated in the Ellis City-Wide garage sale on June 1.  And, afterwards the local thrift shop came by and picked up what we had left.

Where the heck did all those forms and questions come from that I had to answer.  Geeze, I think I know more about the house than I did before.

I found a picture of the front of the house when I bought it.


9 comments:

  1. Emily, I am SO HAPPY for you!!!

    Hope the house sells soon, and wishing you the very best in your new place.

    WOOHOOOOOOOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaaaank you. Once we get settled in, I am hoping ole Eggie and I can get out more often.

      Delete
  2. congratulations on your news. Hope everything goes well with the sale. Looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sale...just sold ours finally after 55 days! Just when you think no one will even come look they come in droves... Looks like you found the perfect spot to move to...how perfect! Hope that buyer comes soon...the facade is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ. That's what happened to my neighbor across the street. On the market for almost 2 years, lots of lookers at first, then nothing and the market was down. Then in the last 2 months it was a steady stream for them. They are now awaiting the closing day coming up in a couple of weeks. I could take 55 days.

      Delete
  4. I saw that that you were selling on the comments from RV Sue. So happy for you.....I LOVE New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For all my little trailer friends, I will have a spot for you with water, elec and a dump. Hope you are good backing up a slight incline. I am going to practice with Eggie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were in TorC and Elephant Butte last winter in our Casita. Couldn't wait to leave! New Mexico is so dry I think it's all just going to blow away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The central part of the state, especially along the Rio Grande is in pretty severe drought still. TorC is on some extreme outside water restrictions. Better not blow away, wanna enjoy it for awhile with my Casita.

      Delete