Sunday, June 30, 2013

First Open House is Over

Wow, it's a lot of work getting a house ready for the selling stage . . . make it look spacious, make it look impersonal, make it look healthy, etc.  Or maybe that's just part of the marketing side of my previous professional life.  But, it still looks so EMPTY.

There was a print mix up on the time of the open house in the realtor's ad - not sure whose fault it was. Tim said that 3 older couples came by to look.  This is a nice retiree house with everything on the same floor, not a big house to keep clean, and an easy yard to maintain.

Now I don't feel so pressured to get this done and get that done, especially now that I don't have that much left to do - still finish painting the trim in the back bedroom and the eaves on the east and west side of the house.  And, a few other small projects.

I am taking a few days off and visiting my friend Sarah and Sherry in Dodge City KS for the 4th celebration.  This is our traditional "burnt hot dog and potato salad" get-together we do during the summer.

I ran across this quote in a comment on RVSue and Crew's blog (listed in my list of blogs I follow to the right) and it clunked me on the forehead. I cringe when I hear music from my past or see pictures of old cars, etc. I guess I am just not ready to be in the real old age mind frame yet according to May Sarton: “I suppose real old age begins when one looks backward rather than forward.”

Have a safe and fun 4th Celebration.

12 comments:

  1. I hear and see the same emptiness....but we're one step closer to our new journey! Hope that buyer calls this week with a contract! Let's not ever look backward...upward and onward! WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cj, it'll happen. Come late September we are leaving - just hate leaving an empty house though; but we are a very small town. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

      Delete
  2. Glad the pressure is finally off!

    Burnt hot dogs. My favorite. If they don't have some black on them, they aren't done to me!

    I'm happy to hear that I haven't hit old age yet, either. There's still so much to look forward to!

    Hope you have a wonderful time in Dodge City.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, someone else likes burnt weiners. Nothing like biting into and crunch, crunch, crunch.

      Delete
  3. Wooooo whoooooo! Kansas is in your rear view mirror and New Mexico is just down the road! OOOOOPS! I guess I better get busy-er here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri. There will be a few bittersweet moments as it has been a long time in Kansas and lots of memories. But am ready to see what lies ahead. Don't push your self, Sept is still a couple months away - that is unless I get a buyer right away!

      Delete
  4. Love your youthful attitude toward everything!

    Especially love that you are moving to New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lynne, life does keep me moving along. Made an opps above.

      Delete
  5. Good to see everything is moving forward for you. Are you still planning to make the Kansas gathering? Hope to see you there if things go as planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still planning on it Jerry. Poor Eggie has been ignored, so planning on taking late Aug to spiff him up - he needs new tires and battery too. Be good to see everyone again.

      Delete
  6. I understand what you mean by emptiness, Emily. Other than what houses on sale generally have to look like, maybe it's also because you've spent so much time to make it feel like a home. That aside, any updates on the sale?

    ReplyDelete