Monday, May 13, 2013

It Ani't Snow. . .

It's white and cold, but hurts like h#&* if they hit you on the head!  And, since today's temp was in the mid-90's, I had to bring back the picture of our last snow.  So, hence the last snow picture (of 4/23).


Yup, that's a hailstone coming down -5/7
Moving along with the kitchen painting.  I hope to have everything in that room back together by the 1st of June.

Cabinets are getting painted and their cleaned, shined/polished hardware added.

Drawers are getting very old Contact paper (3 layers in fact) removed and painted.
 Doors are getting painted.
 More doors and lower cabinet doors are painted in an off white.
 The upper kitchen cabinet doors are a sage green color.
Now it's just waiting for the paint to harden before I put them back in a couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, I am still working in the back bedroom, stripping paint off the trim, then 2 coats of primer, then the color.  That will take another few weeks.
Oh, am back to working on my ribbon wind socks so I'll have some to sell at the city-wide garage sale daughter and I are participating in on June 1.

Okay, back to work!

4 comments:

  1. Yuck! Hail! That's scary stuff!

    I can't believe all that you are accomplishing. What a difference it's making!

    I'm betting you are in better shape than you were when you started that project. That's a LOT of exercise! :)

    Glad you are making such major progress. Hope it's done soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes, am to the point I want it done and can concentrate on the back bedroom. I have outside projects to get started too - before it turns really hot in another month.

      Delete
  2. Oh! When I saw the wind socks, it triggered a memory of hanging ours on the river deck in Townsend....and don't remember taking it back down! Hope the next campsite occupant appreciated it if I did forget it.

    You have been very busy...everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope whomever has it enjoys it too, especially quietness! I am hoping later this year I can slip away for a few days. Am still signed up for the Ks Eggstravanza in early Sept - I'll be ready by then what with all this house work stuff.

      Delete