Wednesday, April 3, 2013

And, the Cabinet Handles are Clean & Polished



Well, they are the only thing that is ready to be put back.  I was watching "Survivor" tonight and decided to clean them up tonight.  They are so pretty all polished up.  Under all the paint on the cabinet door hinges, I have found matching hinges.  Have a good job ahead of me.


I have been busy making pillowcases for my grand-niece as her second birthday is on Monday.  She lives in California so I needed to get them made and in the mail in time for her birthday party.  I forgot to get pictures so I asked my brother to get some pictures for me.




I also made some new valances for my bedroom window as I didn't really have any. Next week I will make some new valances for the back bedroom - I have kind of ignored that room until now - it's on my list for re-makes this year along with the kitchen.





All the cupboard doors, in the kitchen, are now off and am waiting for warmer weather to work on them outside.  I have discovered 4 or 5 layers of paint - two white, brown, and a green and maybe another white.




The lower walls in the bathroom are now clean - they are the washable wall panels.  I am trying to figure out if I can remove the dark stain on the laminate flooring left by the carpet we have in there. So far, a bleach cleaner works the best but the stain can still be seen.

Oh, I pulled the dryer out from the wall and got down on all fours and cleaned out the lint from inside the dryer and along the dryer vent hose & tube.  The vent hose & tubing is about 12 feet long to the outside. Achoo, achoo, lint tickling the nose.  Been a couple years since I cleaned it out.  Glad I don't have a picture of that cleaning process!

Oh Spring, how I love thee as I get to do all this cleaning and it feels so good.  Granted some of its a bit over the top, but . . . .

At some point I'll take some time to clean the trailer - it needs a bath!

5 comments:

  1. You have been a very busy lady. Must be the weather. Wanda was cleaning our laundry room this morning, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it when the urge hits to clean, clean and clean, especially after a dull winter of practically "do nothing". Keeps the old body moving and practically ache free.

      Delete
  2. Just want to know where you get all your energy?

    The handles look like new but must be old if they match the hinges buried in paint. Lots of fun to uncover neat old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, it happened a year ago when I got my pacemaker. Before that for 3 or so years I was dragging - and having fainting spells. I just had a 6-month visit with cardio and he said PM and heart are in a stellar condition. And, it's spring time which energizes me. I think the handles go back to the 40's or 50's when the kitchen was added/remodeled. The house at that time was 20 or 30 yearss old. It is fun discovering things. Am enjoying following you guys.

      Delete
  3. I am in awe of your energy and your progress!

    ReplyDelete