Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow is Still There

It's been a week since our "big" snow and there is still plenty on the ground and is slowly soaking into the ground. Temperature got up to 45ยบ today and I scooted out of town for five hours.  It was a beautiful day to spend time outside.  I'll take it!

I found some fabric to start making my pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer again this year.  The pillowcases are used at cancer care hospitals for children receiving treatment to make their visit a bit more cheerful.  The patient gets to take the pillowcase home.  Last year I made a dozen of them - don't know if I can get that many made before spring activities pull me outside.

Last year I made a bunch of pillowcases for my grand nephew and this year I will be making some for his younger sister and their cousin.  She's into jungle animals.  I don't know what their cousin likes. Maybe I'll have a picture of them next time.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a chance to escape for a while!

    The pillowcases sound like a happy project.

    I can't wait until spring activities pull me outside, too! :)

    ReplyDelete