Monday, November 12, 2012

Mold? Mold on my blog?

My brother is complaining to me that it's been awhile since I posted and mold is growing on my last post. Do you think that's a hint?

Actually, the lazier (according to my definition) the less I like to write - or have to write about. Hey, have been sitting in the recliner more. I can say that so many times and then the mold will really start to grow.

I do want to mention that my bro gave me an early Christmas present.
My sky blue Kit Kat
I have failed to do that and want to thank him very much for it. "It" is a sky blue Kit Kat clock, complete with wagging tail - and that tail wagging is, well, tempermental. It wags, it stops, it barely wags, it wags normal. Right now it is stopped. When it really gets nasty outside, I'll tackle the magnet thing. But, isn't he cute?

I put the cover on the trailer, several months ago, to keep the leaves and twigs from falling onto the top and from clogging up the space between the awning and trailer body. The cover survived through mild winds; but we had some 30-40 mph winds for a couple of days awhile back - well, the leaves got blown off the 2 trees in the back yard onto other areas bypassing the trailer top; and, therefore the cover wasn't really necessary. I didn't have to remove the cover, the wind did that for me.

Last of my annual snapdragons
Daughter Juno modeled again this year in her Day of Caring activity. I took this picture of my pink snapdragons and put it in front of her Day of Caring picture from last year. I just picked the last batch of snapdragons last week. I hope I can keep the annuals to survive another winter.

Spare tire cover with trailer quilt design
Oh, I can tell when it becomes Winer time for me - I get a puzzle out and start working on it.





A project I hope to complete this Winter is to make a copy of my "Four Winds Trailer Quilt" design onto something I can hang in the back window of the trailer. Three years ago, I worked on the same design for my spare tire cover; but, alas spare tire covers don't last forever.

Housemate Jim is scheduled for a right hip replacement on the 20th, just before Thanksgiving. My time will be spent helping him (and me) with his recovery and physical therapy for 6 weeks. Since he shouldn't be using his big, plush recliner it is going to be moved to where mine is in my bedroom, mine moved out to the living room and he will mainly use the swivel rocker and my former recliner. Changes in life, changes are a comin'.

I plan on making my pillowcases for kids receiving cancer treatment in hospitals. I had such a good time shopping for fabric and making them that I want to do it again. Was self rewarding.

This year I have put some Christmas lights around and on the trailer. Haven't done that before. My decorations on the house will go up this week as I will be busy next week with housemates surgery activities. It seems so early. I don't turn them on until the weekend after Thanksgiving. Speaking of that - anyone still shop on Black Friday? Not me, working at WalMart killed that in me - not that I really ever wanted to.

I continue to experiment with rice flour bread recipes and using rice flour instead of wheat flours because of my carbo intolerance.  Haven't come up with a good bread recipe yet.  Want one that is soft, moist and good tasting.  Using rice flour is a lot different.

Until next time.



4 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you, again. It turned Winter here, today. Wanda will put together a 1000 piece puzzle every two or three days when it's cold outside. I couldn't put one together by myself if my life depended on it. Take care and stay warm...jc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda does one that big every 2 or 3 days? OMG. I'll be lucky if I get this 700 piece done by Christmas. You guys stay warm too.

      Delete
  2. Also glad to hear from you but understand the lapse. It's difficult for me to get creative when there's no travel or picture taking.

    Hope the hip replacement goes smoothly. We went through that 18 months ago with David and it was surprising how fast he mended. Your friend will feel so much better after some recovery time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you say David's hip replacement went so good - will pass this along to housemate. He'll be getting the left one done too at some point, I guess depending on how well he does with this one. Think I will be ready to get away next spring. Am hoping can head out to the Mojave Desert area for the spring wildflowers and spend some quality time with my brother - he's a desert lover along with old mines.

      Delete