Friday, September 28, 2012

Yahoo! I am Still Alive. . . .

Just got home from my first 6-month pacemaker visit with the cardiologist.  The cardio said to keep doing what I am doing.  Especially the weight loss.  J&J (pacemaker's name) is kicking in, in the lower chamber 32% of the time - mostly when I am sleeping to keep the beats up to 60 beats per minute; and the upper chamber is holding its own with no assists in 6 months from the pacemaker.  No palpitations in the last 6 months.

The pacemaker tech showed me what it feels like when J&J kicks up the heartbeats - ooookay.  Felt like my heart was climbing up my esophagus.  He had kicked the beats up to 90 beats per minute from about 65-70 bpm.  I said that yup, I have had that feeling a few times.

I don't go back to see the cardiologist and have a pacemaker reading for 6 months - maybe in time for my next birthday.

Well, back to my projects . . . .

1 comment: