Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's Been A Week Since My New Body Addition

I have joined an online pacemaker support group and one of the first things a lot of folks said to do is to "name" your pacemaker; so, I am naming mine "J&J" - which are the first initials of my kids names. So when I say "J&J" readers will know who I am talking about. Oh, I'll prompt each posting, so don't worry about forgetting "what/who" J&J is.

Well, it's been quite a week of learning. I am slowly getting use to the idea that I might not pass out/faint when sitting or laying down fast. I said "slowly". I've had a couple of incidents when I thought it was going to happen by just moving - not like I was dodging a bullet or jumping out of the way of a speeding car - just a simple move, like turning around and taking 5 or 6 steps. It was like a top-of-the-head flash feeling and I held myself up in the doorway. My heart had a slightly higher heart rate. That was the first part of the week.

The last couple of days it's has been getting up from sitting for awhile or doing a simple chore like loading the washing machine, no lightheadness, but my heart rate jumps up to 80 beats per minute from around 70 and wowwie the breathing increases too. J&J is set to give me a kick when the heart beats get down to 60 and a normal rate of 70. I am exhausted today.

The incision area is healing up very nice, in fact it hardly hurts at all. The swelling is going down and I can kind of tell where J&J is. I got my telephone transmission gizmo thingie today and will call in the morning to let them know I have it. I get to send the heart monitor telephone transmission gizmo thingie back after one use. And, I can return the heart monitor marker next week, when I visit my doctor. They will be refurbished to be used again.

I have an appointment on the 24th for adjustment, but am going to call the doc's office tomorrow morning and ask what is J&J doing; or, what Iam doing or not doing. So meanwhile, I get up very slowly . . .




1 comment:

  1. Many new things to get used to, hardware, implanted...technology advances all meant for one thing! A Well Emily! Patience and rest for you is a good thing! Can't wait til all your questions are answered and you learn about your new friend!

    ReplyDelete