Monday, December 26, 2011

Trans Siberian Orchestra - A Bucket List Item


For a number of years I had wanted to attend one of their concerts. I am not a concert goer and my lifestyle is pretty quiet and simple. I don't care for loud noises, flashing lights and all those spectacular things that goes with many concerts. Except for TSO. They are known for their song Wizards in Winter, which is real popular this time of year, especially for those who like synchronized lights on their houses.

Well, my kids made it possible for me to go to their Christmas themed concert in Wichita KS a couple of weeks ago. It had loud noises, fantastic singing and instrument playing, laser lights, spinning lights, fog, and oh pyrotechnics. I was so excited and the show satisfied some hidden craving for everything I normally don't care for - maybe it's a youthful yearning. I loved the athleticism the performers exhibited, was fascinated by the production side and all the mechanical side affects going on. I took these pictures with my phone.

I had not reserved a motel room as I wasn't sure where I wanted to stay. It's just as well I didn't. I was so pumped up that I wouldn't have fallen asleep for a long time, so I headed back home at 10:30 that night. I figured if I pooped out by Newton, I'd stop. Well, maybe McPhereson or Salina. If I didn't stop in Salina I had better be still pumped up to make it home as there isn't much between Salina and Russell. I wound down by the little town of Walker, about 25 minutes from home. Got home around 1:30 a.m. and startled my housemate as he thought someone was breaking into the house and threatened me. Whew!

Thanks kids, it was the bestest.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself!!
    One more thing you can mark off your bucket list! So many wonderful things have happened to me lately, I don't think I have anything left to wish for...except maybe world peace and a healthy planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to experience that, and that you had an uneventful trip home! You're so much braver than I to drive that far alone after dark! Hope you get lots more suprises like that!

    ReplyDelete