Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Brother is coming, My Brother is Coming!


I am mentally working on the rest of those Blurbs, but have been busy getting ready for a 3 week visit by my brother. He is coming in to stay with my housemate Jim, while I am gone for 9 days to Michigan for a wedding on Mackinac Island at the Grand Lodge.

He is coming from California, via Amtrak. He de-trains at midnight in Dodge City - where they had that recent Amtrak "suspicious device" scare and stopped the train for a few hours. We'll do a little Dodge City tourist stuff, the next morning, before heading north to home. He likes history and there is plenty around this area for him to dig into and see. He'll be staying a week after I get home so we can do some exploring together.

Since my house is little - 2 bedroom/1 bath - I am letting him use my bedroom and I'll spend my nights sleeping in favorite trailer parked in the back yard. One of the jobs this week is getting it cleaned up so I can even get in it. It seems that if I didn't know what to do with something, I put it in the trailer; or I bought something to work on a new mod for the trailer and took the material out there.

So in between jobs/projects, I'll get those four other entries about my summer workamping job done.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I envy you with going to Michigan. Hope you enjoy the island. A long train ride like that is also on my bucket list. I'll be interested in how he liked it!!! Let me know! Good thing you have Eggie!

    ReplyDelete