Friday, September 17, 2010

Insect bite

Well, it happened again out at my workplace in early August. I just can't seem to stay away from those nasty critters/or they just are naturally drawn to me.

Whatever, something found my right ankle to be tasty and bite me. A few days later, a small blister started and it grew and grew and grew. It was hard not to hit it because of the location, but it could have been in a worse spot I guess. I kept it covered: 1 - because it was ugly; and 2 - if it broke I didn't want it exposed.

Finally, a week later it started draining very slowly. Three days later, I was in the Oakley hospital ER because the dang thing was sending out little red streaks. In my mind, that wasn't good. The ER doc cleaned the skin away (oh gad that stung) and looked at the puncture area through a magnifier. She proclaimed there wasn't any infection nor ulceration. She said it probably wasn't a brown recluse, wolf or hobo spider as they almost always have an ulcer at the bite site; but, she wasn't ruling any of them out 100%. She gave me prescription for an antibiotic and a steroid - which I couldn't take very well. Used a steroid cream instead.

It's healed up now but I have this nice oval bright pink area on the inside of my right ankle.

1 comment: