Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Red Ant Story

There is a an ant pile at work, that I've been trying to get rid of without any luck. Have tried chemicals and drowning them. Well, they have declared war on me and attacked me last Monday while I was weeding the flower pots around them and putting in some mulch.

I didn't know they attacked me, never saw them. Then Monday afternoon the tops of my feet started itching and burning, by night I was developing red spots with pus. Oh man those things itched soooooo much. I didn't have any antihistime. I was putting everything I had in the trailer on them and I'd wake up in the middle of the night several times wanting to itch. But, at that time I didn't know I had been attacked by red ants, it wasn't until yesterday that I determined IT WAS THEM after doing some searching for types of bug bites on the Internet.

I have counted 18 bites and 3 more have popped up today. I think they crawled inside me and are attacking me from within! War has been declared. Mary, at HPC, asked me today if I am going with a nuclear device to get rid of them. Am going to try vinegar and soap suds next. Any successful suggestions are welcome.

Itch, itch, itch.



PS the post below this one is new today too.

2 comments:

  1. I will go out on a limb and suggest that you get some Chiggarrid from the drugstore. It will smother the area of the bite. It seems to always work for Chiggars for me....I have used it before. Really helps with itching. DH says to get rid of ants Pour gas over the anthill and cover with plastic. dirt over the edges of plastic so the fumes can't get out. do it again in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Mary DH's suggestion and she said she'd rather nuk em instead of smothering them! Between Mary and I today pouring sweet bug killer down their holes, we haven't seen them today. Now it's raining so that may bring them back. Will keep you posted on whether we nuke or smother.

    ReplyDelete