Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good Day's visit, The Power of the Consumer, & Oh No, It's Time for the 50th!


Oh, had a great time with my friends in Dodge City (yes, it's the REAL Dodge City from Gunsmoke fame) Sarah and Sherry.

Oh, here they are (below)







We celebrated our Christmas exchange, had lunch at Kings Buffet (love the cashew chicken), recognized St Patty's Day, and celebrated my birthday. This is my loot: Oh Dang, forgot to include the box of English Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies. I hid the box under the bed so the cookies would at least last thru my birthday next week!

For a number of decades I have been a user of Olay's Complete Sensitive Skin product. Well, imagine my surprise when I applied some lotion, from a new bottle I just bought a week ago, to my face and WOW, it stung and my face turned RED. It felt like an astringent instead of a nice and soothing lotion for my sensitive skin.

I immediately noticed the ingredients were COMPLETEly different. The former lotion had just 2 active ingredients while the new one had a bunch of different active ingredients. I jumped at sending an email to Olay complaining about the change. Well, to make a long story short, this is part of an email I got back last Friday: "Although our newest formula with Skin Shield technology is safe and has strong UV protection, we realize the original sensitive version with its gentle formula better meets the needs of our Complete Sensitive users. The original version will be widely available in May 2010 and will say “Classic Gentle Formula”." YES, YES, YES. THE POWER OF THE CONSUMER!

And last but not least: In my mail last week the flyer came for the high school 50Th reunion. Is it really that time in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment