Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Almost Time. . . . .

Am shooting to leave Sat, 8/15. Truck gets an oil change and tire rotation this week, I get a haircut, get stocked up on my meds, finish packing the trailer with food and other items and I'll be ready to go. Still have a couple of things to do on the outside of the trailer and clean up the truck.

I finished the spare tire cover and have it mounted. I sent a picture to Marcia Hohn of The Quilters Cache, creator of the Four Winds quilt block and got an email back from her and she said it "was awesome".

I've had to replace some of the clips that hold the blue rope lights that are around the middle of the trailer on the outside, sanded down the stove cover inside and repainted it, painted the spare tire carrier I had put on the back that holds the tire that has my new spare tire cover, loaded the back of the pickup with the stuff I need (or may need) including clothes for cooler weather I may encounter later on in the trip. Heard from my friend Lisa at Fort Yates ND and will be able to see her Labor Day weekend.

It's down to doing some household chores, last laundry and making sure I don't forget something - like the cell phone's recharging cord or the camera!

My tentative plans are to head west to Oakley, spend a night at the High Plains RV Camp (I follow Mary on Twitter), then head north on US 83 into Nebraska, spend some time around Scottsbluff, head north and spend some time around the Chadron area before heading into western South Dakota, spending Labor Day weekend along the Missouri River in northern SD and southern North Dakota. Spend some time exploring southwest ND, see my friend, then head down the Missouri River towards Iowa. Will wander around there and head home through northern Missouri catching up with US 36 and head home on that highway 'til I get to Phillipsburg KS, south on US 183 to Hays and then westward on I-70 to home, sometime in mid-October.

Post again down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment