Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh my, my one week trip now is 2 months!

I just started combining ideas, dropping some ideas and am coming up with some wandering thru western Nebraska, up to southern North Dakota and over to Minnesota, follow the Mississippi south to somewhere in Iowa then head east and wander around Iowa before heading home thru northern Missouri in time to winterize the trailer in mid-October.

With that in mind, I need to get some things done with the trailer and start thinking long term. I am going to have some kind of support welded or bolted to the rear bumper to support the spare tire; get the electric jack installed and a few things done inside.

Did a rough MapQuest mileage and it comes out around 3,000 miles, so 3000 miles in 8-10 weeks would be a nice and leisure trip with time to explore local areas. Hopefully, will get to see some fall foliage and feel a crisp snap to the air before getting home. Looking at leaving in 4 or 5 weeks. Uh oh, now the pressure is on to get my house projects done.

No comments:

Post a Comment