Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feels Like Fall Weather/Less Than a Month To Go

The trailer is at the welders getting a new spare tire carrier on the back side. Should be easier for me to put the tire on and take off now. I took it in last week, but while I was explaining to the welder what I was thinking he became very sick and left to go home. I ended up bringing the trailer home the next day as he hadn't been able to do anything.

Got hold of him this past Monday and found out he had been in the hospital and had had a heart cath. Everything is okay, he said, and he didn't need a stint. He didn't go any further than that. He said today that he was doing pretty good but I told him, based on experience, to take it easy with that groin area where they insert the catheter. He said he should have the carrier done today.

I am moving along with the new spare tire cover and am close to getting the design done. Am to the point now am anxious to see what it will look like when complete, that I am making mistakes in my haste. The wood patio chair is a little over half done too.


Since my trip will include Labor Day weekend, I thought it best to make some reservations somewhere now. Glad I did because so many places like state/national parks that take reservations are almost booked up. It isn't that I couldn't sit in a WalMart parking lot, but for 4 or 5 days! Not. Or, I could take a chance on a first come, first serve park. So from 9/2 to 9/5 I am staying at Indian Creek Recreation Area, which is in north central South Dakota on the Missouri River; from 9/5 to 9/8 or longer, I am staying at Ft Abraham Lincoln State Park near Mandan, North Dakota, also on the Missouri River. Ft Abraham Lincoln is where George Custer and the 7Th Cavalry rode out on their ill-fated expedition against the Sioux and met at Little Big Horn. George really got around, didn't he? I have been to so many places, in this part of the country, that he's been, lived, ate at, probably even seen a few outhouses he's used!

I have a friend who lives in Fort Yates, ND and I would like to see her if possible. It has been many, many years. Am in the process now of contacting her. Otherwise, there looks like a lot of history in the area to get lost in.

Thursday I head down to Dodge City to see my friends, Sarah and Sherry; and, go see the play Cinderella. Son is coming up from New Mexico, the following week, to attend his high school reunion in Phillipsburg KS and he'll either stay here or at his sister's. Be good to see him again.

This is the shade for the dogwood tree.

Here is the front porch roll-up shade I made. And, the front porch bench I refinished.

I painted and re-covered the swivel chairs for the trailer.
Here is the design, to date, on the spare tire cover:
It's called "Four Winds" and designed by Marcia Hohn. It will be my Trailer Quilt.






That's it for now. Time for shower and then a bedtime snack! Much, much.

No comments:

Post a Comment