Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Have Moved Up a Few Notches in TV Viewing!

Welcome, Emily, to the early 21st century (I think). I have a 19 inch HD flat screen TV. Wow, it's beautiful. My previous 20 (+ or slightly -) year old TV just started going. That thing was made before TV's were made cable-ready, so I had to use a converter. I eventually got a VCR player and used that to connect my TV to cable systems. I am not much of a TV watcher so, maybe, that's why it lasted so long. It's lasted thru 8 or 10 moves in it's life, has been dropped on the floor and has had almost everything imaginable placed on top of it, since it was so wide on top.

The new one is so small and absolutely no room to put things on top of it, so won't make memories of putting stuff on top. When the old one started going, I got the 13 incher from the trailer. That one was a challenge to get out as it has been hanging on two flat braided straps from the back cabinet for the last 6 or 7 years and has traveled unpteen thousands of miles hanging from those two straps, bouncing along the roadways of where ever that little trailer has been (it was secured when traveling). I've put 18,000 miles on it since I started traveling with it two years ago. So it sat in front of the old Zenith TV, until the new one that my kids and housemate Jim got me came in. Am installing an under the counter bracket for the 13 incher once the weather warms up.

Now, the new Sanyo sits in the spot of "TV honor". I have finally got it set up and understanding the channel system - that if I delete one digital channel, I delete the subs; but, I can delete as many analog channels as I want and don't lose any others. Took me 4 resettings to get that thru my brain! And the music channels, WOW, there are so many of them (38)and they are listed under the digital channel numbers. It took me all of one afternoon to match the stations coming thru the TV with the list provided by our cable provider - they didn't match in the same order so it was listen to the music and find the category I thought the music was in and bring up the playlist. Nope not that one, try this one and so on. Then I would reverse my process. It was fun as I didn't have anything else to do, weather was lousy outside and I was home from work with an allergy cold. I still have 10 to match up.

Wow, Jim and I watching the Country Music Awards and my TV presentation is about 2 seconds behind his. My picture is better though, so am staying here (besides Jim doesn't like commercials so he flicks the channels - drives me bananas).

Well, this is my "excitement" for now. Am still working and getting closer to the required "1250 working hours in the previous 12 months" that my big-box employer requires in order to take personal leave. Still pisses me off. I should be close to the required "hours" around Memorial weekend - just when I don't like to travel. I'll be taking 4 days off the end of this month and heading over to Council Grove KS, with the trailer, to meet up with the Kansas Kampers. Will report on that after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment