Thursday, April 16, 2009

And A Camping I will Go

In a week I head out to Council Grove KS, with Eggcarto and 4 nights at the Canning Creek Campground on the lake north of town. I'll be joining the Kansas Kampers. The group was started by Bob and his wife, four years ago as a way for them to get together with other folks who have vintage trailers. Bob and his wife own a Serro Scotty vintage travel trailer. Mine isn't vintage yet, but the gathering is open to folks with all kinds of trailers. There will be another Casita brand trailer there, Bob from Emporia KS.

The weather has allowed me to get some work done on the trailer. I have installed new LED brake lights, putting new latches on some of the cabinets, installing an under-the counter mount for my TV at the back of the trailer, done lots of waxing, and painted my propane tanks. Next week new tires, wheel bearings checked, clean and pack. I took the cover off today and WOW that sure is a pretty trailer all waxed up.

Am getting some summer projects on the trailer lined up too. Truck is getting worked on too over the next couple of months. All of the work is regular maintenance but want to keep Big Red going and going and going for a long long time.

We had a nice all day (and some night) rain on Easter Sunday. It's been 3 or 4 months since we had a good rain. Our snows this winter were slim to none. That inch rain on Easter Sunday has really encouraged the grass to start showing itself. I am watching the dogwood trees to see if there is going to be life this year. I brought these trees home last year from my trip to the southern states. They had a rough time with the hot sun during the summer and then to adjust to the cold. Am starting to have my doubts about their survival. Am going to be disappointed.

Also was busy planting the flower boxes for the front of the house. And, of course, I had to get myself some lantanas. They are planted in large pots out front also. I bought Jim a tomato plant so he could (hopefully) have some fresh tomatoes this year. Am having to replace two boxwood shrubs. They have a rough time getting through the winter and are subject to freeze burn. Looks like the majority of them are getting acclimatized and are going to spring back faster than last year.

Bring on Spring so that I can sit back and enjoy the yard this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment