Saturday, January 12, 2008

As You Can See, My Countdown . . . . .

has started. Preparations have started, modifications are being worked on, possible routes are being looked at, arrangements for bill paying and all that stuff is happening.

I have been in touch with Jeri in Baton Rouge and she reminded me that Mardi Gras will be taking place on Tuesday, Feb 5 - just when I plan on being in the area. So, the big event is a possibility. I have never been and this just might be the time to see the festivities.

I've even included a little bit of "spring cleaning". There is a Navajo rug hanging on the wall in the living room, so during winter season when there is snow on the ground I take it down and clean it with snow and cornmeal. Then the cornmeal is shaken out and/or vacuumed up. It does clean up nice. Buster, Juno's new dog, liked the cornmeal and snow combination.

I am being asked every day by my co-workers "how many days left?" It's starting to get exciting and a bit scary since I am heading into a part of the country that I am not familair with. But, I am making friends with a lot of Casita trailer owners who are there to help me. Thank you to my "to-be" new found friends.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment