Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Son

Day 29, Socorro NM Mile 3095

Alas, the time has come to move on. I have been here since early Tuesday afternoon and I’ve have had a good time with my son. He has helped me get some things done to Eggcarto, like wash the trailer at a local car wash, wax half the trailer, help me with a temporary screen door, and other little things. He took the week off and will get back to work at the VLBA on Monday.

Wednesday, we ran around town doing errands and me picking up stuff I needed to replenish my supplies.

We took Eggcarto to Albuquerque Thursday to get some repair work done on the trailer. While that was being done I got the oil changed on the truck, visited several RV campgrounds for the visit some of us are making next year to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta that takes place in Albuquerque in early October every year, did a little shopping; and, of course went to Garduno’s for a Mexican lunch. Thursday, was also son Jim’s 41st birthday.

By the time we got home Thursday, I was too exhausted to fix him a special birthday dinner so we BBQ’d T-Bone steaks Friday evening. We grocery shopped and puttered around on Friday.

And of course, we had to eat at my two favorite places here - Socorro Springs and El Sombrero. I did email my daughter that I had lost 10 pounds on the trip so far, but I know I have gained it back in the last few days!

I head out to the Valley of Fire Recreation Area near Corrizozo NM for a week. There is a BLM campground there and it looks like from information I have been reading some interesting things to do in the area. There is Lincoln County - the heart of Billy the Kid country, Ruidoso, Carrizozo, Capitan, Tularosa; and of course White Sands and the Trinity Site. The Trinity Site is where the first atomic bomb was tested and since I have a connection, I wanted to see it. It is only open the first Saturday in October and April. I will be meeting a fellow Casita owner, Bruce from Texas, there. Sunday, I’ll head toward home taking a few days to do that. I may not be able to doing any updating until later in the week as there is no internet/WiFi at the campground.

Y’a all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment