Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 1, 253 Miles

LIMON CO, I managed to get away around 10 a.m. CDT and headed west on I-70. It was hard saying good by to Juno, but we parted after a bunch of hugs.

I decided to use the anti-sway bar, between the trailer and pickup, this trip and it didn’t take long to notice the difference - a big difference between the first trip where I didn’t use it and just 45 miles of driving in this trip. The first thing I noticed was the lack of “bucking” between the pickup and the trailer on rough road surfaces. About 45 miles down the road, the wind picked up considerably hitting the driver side of the vehicles. When the 18-wheelers passed there wasn’t any sway at all - it was as if tow vehicle and trailer were one. I didn’t experience much trouble on Trip #1 with sway problems but hated the “bucking” that went on between the truck and trailer. I am sold on using the anti-sway bar now. Hopefully, I don’t forget to back up with it on!

It was pretty uneventful today, only thing I wrestled with was being tired. The night before you leave on a trip, when you need a good night’s sleep, is not the time to have a glass of ice tea from the sun tea you had made earlier in the day - thinking the tea was decaffeinated! So I made it as far as here and am staying in a KOA campground.

I took a long, long nap. Fixed supper, took a shower and now ready for bed. We did have some light showers earlier and I can see lightening out my dinette window. It is pretty and also pretty far away. Maybe western Kansas is getting some rain.

Until next time. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment