Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Humidity, a noun meaning "very uncomfortable when combined with high temperatures"

That's the way it has been during most of the month of June, along with the upper 80 and lots of 90 degree temperatures. Not a good mixture with my asthma.

Despite the weather, we did have some rain around the middle of the month resulting in 3 inches in 30 hours; our 90 degree weather started around the middle of the month too. We did have a couple of days when the humidity was below 40%. On those days I could work for hours outside.

Despite my complaining about the humidity, I did get a number of projects completed: trimmed the trees from rubbing on the roof and power lines, short trip to Salina for the Smoky Hill River Festival, put up guttering around the front porch, had windows measured for window replacement (to be installed in late July), planted shrubs around the front of the porch and uncovered a sidewalk around the east side of the porch. That was interesting as what I thought were stepping stones from the sidewalk to the driveway, is a a full-fledged sidewalk that had been overgrown by years of grass.

Then there was the weekly yard chores of mowing, weeding, trimming, and the weekly house chores. I did get some books read: Jack and Jill and POP Goes the Weasel by James Patterson. Then there was Sea Change by Robert B. Parker (the Jesse Stone series). Also, Alibi Man by Tami Hoag. Ceiling fans and the refrigerator and pop cooler in Juno's house were cleaned. There were naps, visiting, and waving at the folks driving by the house as I sat on the front porch. Still don't have the ceiling fans up and there are a couple of large shrubs that need a slight haircut.

Click on the Flickr link for some of my more active activities during MY JUNE.

I am spending some time getting to know my digital camera better (if only there weren't 128 pages in the Advanced Camera User Guide!) and Juno has suggested a book to get to learn more about iPhoto6.

Work beckons me starting Sunday, July 1. I'll work covering vacations/days off/July 4th, until the end of August and then off again until holiday season starts late October or early November. Am working on some trip plans for late September and early October and by mid-October want to have Eggcarto "winterized" and propped up on his jacks for two or three months.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in Oklahoma and Texas who have been and are experiencing flooding and loss of life and all the tragedy that goes with something like that. Makes my complaining about humidity trival.

1 comment:

  1. Quality post!!! it is a nicely written post with so many good facts ! thank you for sharing it with us !

    ReplyDelete